What is Learning Difficulty?
How do we help the child overcome this problem? Early intervention and remedial education is essential to overcome
learning problems and prevent school failures.
- Establish diagnosis
- Counseling the child, parents as also the school personnel
- Interpret diagnosis and interpret diagnosis for the child, parent and school
- Decrease the impact of attention deficits
- Teach to organize work materials and time, approach to assignment and test taking strategy
- Environmental (classroom) Modification
- Minimize distraction stimuli
- Preferential seating arrangement
- Self contained classroom
- Increase teacher availability- 1:1 tutorial, se of aides.
- Assure structure and predictable routine
- Monitor and modify non academic times like lunch, recess, physical training etc.
- Short and simple instructions
- Systematic and sequential instructions
- Focus on learning style. Appreciate and acknowledge the fact that every child learns differently.